Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

New Old Home

We moved into our "new" home a few weeks ago.  We love the house, the location and the price was just right, too.  Buying a used home for me is exciting and stressful all at once.  I'm a self-proclaimed "germ-a-phobe" and moving into someone else's dust and germs freaks me out... a lot!  Though we've done so much cleaning, I still don't feel like I've cleansed the entire house of the previous owners and their bacteria.  Plus there's much work to do to make it "just right" in my eyes: new paint, new floors, remodel master bathroom, etc....  My hubby remodeled our master closet, which was barely functional before with unstable dowel rods threatening to fall down with the weight of our clothes.  I love, love, love the new closet.  Fresh paint on the walls & baseboards, new carpet and new shelves makes this closet my "safe zone" in the house.  It is the only place that gets my "clean" stamp of approval.  Next project:  paint the guest bathroom & install new flooring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just say it already!